Sunday 28 August 2011

Training on the bike


The bike element could be argued as the most important out of the three disciplines, it is certainly the furthest distance and takes the longest time to complete therefore it is one that cannot be neglected and ignored! With this in mind my recent focus in training has been towards the bike, getting strong on the bike and more importantly getting my legs prepared for the hills that Challenge Henley course demands. Cycling approximately 200 miles in 4 days the training was going well just before picking up a puncture in my back tub. A trip to the bike shop slowed my progress down. Whilst I was still at work I decided to ordered some spare 650c tubs for my front wheel and visit the bike shop at the weekend to get me back on the road for the week ahead. Not wanting to lose days training I cracked out a small 4 mile run and a 3km swim over the weekend. With training slowing down slightly over the weekend I decided to swim 3km followed by an 83 miles bike ride, which was my furthest cycle to date. Rest for a day I decided to get back out on the bike and get two hours in the saddle.

No comments:

Post a Comment